PRO*ACT, America’s leading distributor of fresh produce to the foodservice industry is excited to announce an opening for Account Manager in our growing organization. For two decades, PRO*ACT has been providing foodservice operators with the distinct benefit of streamlining the produce supply chain and is looking for people who deliver exceptional customer service.
As part of our Procurement team you would communicate daily with Pro*Act customers and grower shippers of fresh produce. This position is in a team environment that is extremely fast paced, is consistently evolving and requires enthusiasm, attention to detail and multi tasking skills.
- Communicating and working with customers on a daily basis
- Managing pricing, transportation, arrival, and customer issues
- Customer contract management
- Accountable for orders from inception through delivery to customers
- Analyzing and responding to market trends
- Enhancing customer relations
- Increasing sales to achieve growth goals
- Working collaboratively with all departments of Pro*Act
The Ideal candidate has 5+ years expereince in the fresh produce business. Their past experience may include buying, selling or brokering. They're a team player, with a can-do atitude and a strong multi-tasker.
- Effective communications skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task
- Team oriented
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Growth and Sales focus
- Product knowledge
- Previous produce experience preferred. We need someone who can "hit the ground running" and knows the produce business.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.