Category Development Manager
This position is to provide for the implementation of Category Management and other related marketing initiatives within a designated department to include Grocery, Non-Grocery, Perishable and/or HBC for an entire region.
- Establish and maintain a partnership with business managers and clients in the development of strategic plans for category management within the market, hub, client, or customer team.
- Work as integral part of assigned team assisting business managers and/or space technologists in presenting category management reviews to customers.
- Analyze and create base marketing presentations for assigned clients represented in the market, hub, client or customer team.
- Maintain and update all syndicated scanning databases needed in the analysis for customer, client and/or market reviews.
- Maintain ongoing contact with the category managers and or key customer personnel in the market, hub, client or customer team and assist them in their category management process.
- Coordinate efforts with the local branch category analysts to manage the completion of all base presentations in order to meet the time frames and needs of each local office within the market, hub, client or customer team.
- Create all major marketing presentations including customer, account and client business reviews, new item introductions, category reviews, new client reviews, etc. for use within the market, hub, client or customer team.
- Participate with business managers and clients in the design, implementation and evaluation of local co-marketing events where applicable
- Integrate demographic and household panel information into all reviews and/or presentations where applicable.
- Utilize and understand IRI and ACNielsen syndicated scanning data, customer point-of-sale and loyalty data and systems used to generate the information for category reviews.
- Routinely visit customers in the market with business managers. Assist in conducting store audits to view merchandising and inventory requirements in assigned categories.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.