Sr. Sourcing Representative
The Senior Sourcing Representative has three focus areas:
- Initiate and develop relationships with new customers in wholesale, retail & foodservice markets.
- Tactical management of the produce procurement and transportation supply chains.
- Maintain and grow those new accounts to profitable levels.
- Oversight to sales results.
- Maintain relationships with customer’s key decision makers.
- Set strategic & tactical direction for the accounts.
- Drive sale of company managed brands.
- Drive use of greater CHR network resources. Form and utilize partnerships with network Subject-Matter-Expert’s.
- Liaison between customer and internal operational groups: transportation, procurement, accounting, etc.
- Responsible to hit targeted volume and margin goals by customer.
- Responsible to introduce and implement as many commodities and/or CHR services with the customer as appropriate.
- Responsible to set and communicate customer service expectations with internal groups, by customer.
- Responsible to maintain detail of electronic files, by order, by customer until growth of portfolio demands additional resources.
- Accountable to ensure revenue & volume budgeted goals are met or exceeded annually for both product and freight sales.
Net Income accountability to a healthy P&L including both revenue and expenses.
- Product Claims/Credits
- Travel & Entertainment Expense
- Credit & Finance Charges
- Documented success in generating sales from a new customer.
- Documented success in managing a customer account to consistent 5%-10%+ growth year-over-year.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software suite, and a quick study to various software programs.
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills.
- Extensive Relationship Building abilities
- Superior Project Management Capabilities
- Ability to Effectively Influence Others
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Willingness to travel as needed including weekend/holiday travel
- Minimum 4 Years Buying/Sales Experience for Fruits, Vegetables and/or Dairy products.
- Minimum 2 Year Experience in Negotiation, Revenue/Expense Budgeting and Business Planning.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent business experience.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.