Buyer and Logistics Coordinator
Marengo Foods Company, LLC was formed in August of 2009 as a partnership between three well-established growers. This partnership was the result of continuous improvement studies and statistical analysis that showed us the need to come closer to our customers in order to bring the freshest and safest product to the consumer and also the need to do this in the most efficient and cost effective way.
We're currently seeking to hire a Buyer and Logistics Coordinator for a position based in the Dallas – Fort Worth, TX metroplex area. Office/work hours (subject to change based on work needs) are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday - Friday (w lunch break) and 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM Saturday. Must be on call to handle/resolve work issues 24/7.
- Computer (Laptop) to be on reach to make changes in system when out of the office
- Company paid cell phone to be on reach when out of the office.
- Nextel DC will be provided if required by work.
- Up to 5 (paid) days per year for medical/personal reasons.
- Office space, supplies, equipment, furniture, and anything else required will be provided by the company.
- Employee will be responsible of maintaining and updating his equipment for its good performance and well functioning.
- Receive daily quotes for spot market sales from vendors by region (FOB-McAllen, FOB-Nogales, FOB-San Diego, FOB-domestic crop areas in the summer)
- Source all produce needs to cover contracts and sales in coordination with the sales team and the repacking team in Dallas.
- Negotiate contract pricing with potential vendors to cover contract/committed business.
- Document food safety requirements from vendors.
- Document contract breaches from produce vendors regarding quality and condition of purchased product on a timely manner to ensure protection from shippers in the event when deductions would be required.
LOGISTICS / FREIGHT:
- Receive daily quotes for spot market freight rates.
- Assign transportation for all inbound product from Marengo Hidalgo, and from all other areas where product is purchased.
- Follow up on inbound trucks periodically during the day to ensure timely arrivals.
- Manage and track up to date insurance for all carriers and make sure on file at all times and keep updated as needed
- Document contract breaches from trucking companies regarding temperature, and time to deliver.
- Weekly review of PO’s for purchased produce as well as freight/transportation bills, to approve and pass on to AP for prompt payment.
- Weekly report on duties and activities to sales executive Joe Martinez.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.