Cognos BI Developer
Essential Job Function:
- Provide analysis and design consulting services to clients using the BI core product line and specialty products based on business requirements. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to, application maintenance, applicationdevelopment, application deployment, and problem resolution.
- Develop working knowledge of core BI products.
- Display expert knowledge of Database Management Systems, relational/SQL DBMS’s.
- Manage small projects at customer sites involving multiple consultants.
- Continue to expand and develop skills in core BI products and operating systems, and, when applicable to businessneeds, database management systems and associated client tools.
- Recognize and help exploit business opportunities and pass the appropriate information to branch management.
- Create appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code and technical documentation.
- Work with users and coordinating with application developers to understand and capture data/reportingrequirements.
- Remain abreast of industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.
- Design systems and programs to meet complex business needs.
- Develop Business Objects Reporting and Dashboard Universes.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which programs are developed and coded.
- Ensures programs meet standards and technical specifications; performs technical analysis and componen delivery.
- Framework Manager modeling.
- DB2 and Cognos troubleshooting and maintenance.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Cognos 10.1, Query Studio and Report Studio is required.
- Strong knowledge and use of full lifecycle development methodologies, standards and procedures.
- Strong development and analytical skills, proficiency in root cause data analysis, and ability to problem solve.
- Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs.
- A minimum of 4 years data base architecture and design.
- A minimum of 3 years of data analysis, construction and testing and previous consulting experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years previous Consulting experience.
- A minimum of 2 year experience in Business Analysis.
- Proficiency in web-based application development projects.
- Exposure to multiple Database Management Systems, with exposure to SQL based DBMS’s.
- Experience in BI or Web-based application design and development including Cognos.
- Must be able to travel and maintain a current Passport is preferred.
- Skills not required but a plus: Metrel Studio, Business Insight, Analysis Studio, DMR: Concepts & Experience,ETL: Concepts & Experience, Event Studio, Data Warehousing: Concepts & Experience, Data Mart: Concepts & Experience, Cognos Administration, New Cognos Installation Configurations.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S. or B.A.) in a technical or business field; or equivalent work-related experience and/ortraining; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.