ABL is an OEM of food and fruit processing equipment and systems. With a significant presence and brand recognition within our target markets and industries with a strong emphasis on total customer satisfaction and new product development. Aggressive growth and cultural change objectives driven by innovation, continuous improvement, and individual entrepreneurialism.
We have an amazing opportunity for a Service Mechanic to join our team.
The Service mechanic will be responsible for the installation, troubleshooting, repairing and maintenance of processing equipment according to safety and productive maintenance systems to achieve customer satisfaction and departmental objectives. Performs repairs, overhauls, preventative and predictive maintenance on equipment to ensure full customer satisfaction regarding equipment performance and service. Troubleshoots equipment problems to reduce productivity losses. Implements long term corrective actions to avoid repeat issues. Maintains spare parts inventory to support production and customer needs while maintaining budget and inventory objectives.
What it will take to be successful:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Advanced mechanical and electrical skills, knowledge and experience (electro-mechanical)Relevant experience working as a maintenance technician or repairing industrial equipment.
- Experience working with hand tools.
- Ability to train machine operators once installation has been completed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and customers.
- Ability to work under pressure with a high degree of professionalism and customer service.
- Ability to work efficiently and with little to no direct supervision or alone.
- Must be able to read mechanical drawings (layouts, assembly drawings) and electrical schematics.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Bilingual preferred (English & Spanish).
- Must be able to work with Windows (Outlook, Excel, Word & Power Point).
- Must be able to work and assist customer technicians via remote “Teleservice” tools such as WhatsApp, Webex.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally at least 50% of the time for multiples days at a time.
- Must be willing and able to repair, overhaul, etc. fruit and food processing equipment for up to 8-10 hours in cold room environments (30 - 35 degrees Fahrenheit).
Come join an innovative company focused on success!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.