Aggrigator, Inc is an Online Marketplace specializing in connecting Small Farmers to a wide range of Buyers through aggregation, for fresh local produce. Aggrigator, Inc builds Food Hubs in different locations where the demographic is Small Farmer centric for the aggregation of Produce, Cooling, Inventory and Logistics.
Harvest Santa Barbara is the second Food Hub location for Aggrigator, Inc, located in Carpentaria, CA. We currently have an opening for a Grower Relations and Supply Manager. This position requires a person who is energetic, passionate about produce, adventurous, able to thrive in a fast pace, fun and high energy atmosphere that comes with being a part of a ground floor Start Up team. If you are looking for a challenge, love the thrill of the hunt and don’t take no for an answer then you would be a great fit for our team.
We are looking for a passionate individual with strong Small and Large Farmer connections, deep ties and knowledge of the Produce Industry. Years of experience isn’t necessary, connections, determination, passion, a can-do attitude and belief in the Small Farmer is required.
- Build and manage a Supply Chain network specializing in Small Farmers in the Oxnard CA to Santa Maria, CA area aggregating product for fulfillment of Buyer orders by the local Food Hubs.
- Experience with Forecasting, Master Schedules and Crop Plans.
- Experience in Field, Grower and Processor Contract negotiations.
- Create Supply Chain of at least 15 different diversified commodities specialized in the area.
- Identify possible locations and structures for future Food Hubs in the area and surrounding areas.
- A love, understanding and ability to use Technology. ie Aggrigator Marketplace, Excel, Word and all the other cool Technology available to get the job done. This is a must as Aggrigator is an Ag Tech company.
- Train Farmers in the understanding and use of the Aggrigator Marketplace.
- Minimum of familiarity of the Ag Industry, as growing up in the Ag world, studying Agriculture and/or work experience in the Ag Industry.
- Experience in Food Safety.
- Strong analytical skills, solid planning and organizational skills.
- Great Networking and Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership capabilities with a comprehensive knowledge and detailed application of agricultural skill sets.
- Proficient in Apple and Google tech a plus.
- Bachelors in Agriculture/Supply Chain/Ag Business preferred, experience, drive and ag connections are great too.