Are you a hard charging Produce Sales Professional with a “success driven” mentality? Are you looking for a true “career” opportunity with a well-established company? Are you looking for an opportunity with unlimited earnings potential and great career advancement opportunities?
Then we want to talk to you!
Located in the Hunt’s Point Terminal in Bronx, NY, A & J Produce Corporation firmly believes that the key to its success is its commitment to providing customers in the tri-state area with only the finest quality fruit and produce for the most affordable price. A & J takes pride in continuing to serve the best interest of its growers and customers alike.
With the assistance of cold and medium leads provided by the company, the successful candidate will be responsible for building long-lasting, loyal client relationships, while endorsing and cross-selling new products to our existing and potential customers. This individual must have extensive produce knowledge. The Sales Representative will be responsible for both retaining existing business and ensuring renewals with the goal of expanding those customer relationships while ensuring consistent client satisfaction.
The person we are looking for will have:
- Minimum 1-3 years previous experience as Sales Associate or Sales Coordinator in produce industry or similar industry.
- English required, bilingual preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail, follow up and organization.
- Excellent computer skills and social media savvy, along with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must possess an understanding of market conditions, trends, and market pricing.
- Some experience in A/R Management, a plus.
- Sense of imperativeness applicable to perishable product.
- Highly organized, efficient, self-motivated, and able to work independently.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills (both verbal and written, interpersonal and proper phone etiquette).
- Shows consistent professionalism and good judgment.
- Proven track record of established sales, cold calls, and/or account management success.
- Diverse Produce Industry knowledge and capability to apply appropriate produce trading practices.
- Applicants must live in the greater New York City area.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.