We are looking for an in-house Fresh Produce Inspector. This person will be supporting the Warehouse and Administrative teams.
This individual will inspect fresh produce according to USDA specifications. You will be exposed to our talented workforce and diverse company culture while having the opportunity to make an impact on our business. If you are passionate about handling fresh produce, have excellent communication skills, are a team player, have the ability to work in different temperature setting and attention to detail – please apply!
You will take ownership and lead the process for the following areas (not limited to):
- Verifies receiving documentation for accurate temperature, quantities, and additional required information
- Facilitate interaction between warehouse driver/carrier to resolve potential issues on pickups and/or deliveries
- Completes in house inspections and communicates results to
- Customer Service Representative for account
- Requests and coordinates USDA inspections
- Provides support on claims resolution
- Ensures Food Safety Program is followed at all times
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Traits & Skills:
- Experience handling produce and cold storage.
- USDA produce certified preferred
- Experience with shipping and receiving processes.
- Excellent Communication Skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Email Etiquette
- Quality Control
- Ability to work independently
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 3 plus years of previous produce inspections, logistics, ocean freight, or customer service experience is required
- Candidates must be able to speak, read, and write in English fluently
This is a direct hire opportunity with a great company. If you are ambitious, hands on, and are looking for a place to learn and grow we are looking for you!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.