Partner with sales team to implement category marketing and promotional programs. Work directly with Sales Manager to create account specific sales. Assist and educate Account Managers in category offering, maximize sales and help grow company product offering. This role will collaborate with the sales team to achieve the objective of "Building Out the Store".
- Lead contact for Category expansion project.
- Report competitive information and category trends to appropriate sales team members
- Oversee category development of new accounts and servicing of existing accounts.
- Write and process sales documentation for use by the sales team in promoting department items and maintains a library of appropriate data related to specific categories.
- Coordinate customer training, enlisting vendors and/or brokers and appropriate sales team members as needed.
- Respond to requests from Category Manager, Sales Manager, Account Manager or Inside Sales Representatives to accompany or make sales calls on potential new or current customers.
- Travel throughout assigned geographic area to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, offer promotional opportunities or present new items.
- Display or demonstrate product, applies knowledge of products and services and demonstrate benefits and features to promote sales.
- Prepare written proposals to include required quotes and assessments of customer needs including department schematics (plan-o-grams) as requested by the customer.
- Attend regular sales meetings and trade shows as needed.
- View or retrieve essential customer information, analyze missed opportunities for sales and review potential sales with particular customers.
- Complete department projects as needed (i.e. – category resets).
- Perform other job duties as required
- Motivated self-starter
- Excellent oral, written and technical communication skills
- Excellent customer relations and diplomacy
- Excellent negotiation, organization and planning skills
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance: We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance
- Knowledge of product specific to category including basic department operations.
- Ability to analyze and determine sales opportunities
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers.
- Understanding of sales forecasting, programs, promotions and related techniques.
- Knowledge of word processing software; inventory software; internet software; Power Sell software; IDS systems and Powerfacts software
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or equivalent related experience.
- Two to four years related experience and/or training.
- Project Management experience preferred.
- System implementation experience preferred.