Come and be part of our Team!
Altar Produce is seeking a highly talented, self-driven individual to further the growth of the company’s product line, this is a very unique opportunity to join a vibrant and growing company offering a highly entrepreneurial environment and an unmatched support team to maximize your success.
For us is a key point finding the right person with potential for advancement and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
We are a leading importer, exporter, marketer, and distributor of the best quality fresh vegetables. The diversity within our multicultural teams drives the company’s growth strategy through quality products, expertise, and commitments to excellence.
A Sales Representative is responsible for achieving the sales goals established by Sales Director and for managing the daily operations of the Sales Program while ensuring the highest level of customer service and developing and maintaining new business relationships with key external distribution customers, and other key markets influencers. This position is based in our Miami, FL office.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Produce and manage profitable customer sales for mutual success.
- Identify and pursue new customer opportunities.
- Provide input to Sales Director to help establish sales goals.
- Create and implement strategies to meet established goals.
- Analyze sales activities and trends.
- Communicate with the Shipping Dept. to ensure accuracy with customer orders.
- Communicate with other departments as needed to ensure a smooth workflow for the department and company.
- Responsible for developing long-term relationships with identified partners and customers.
- Organizes, tracks, and presents results.
- Travel: Customer visits and industry functions as needed.
- Other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS, Business or related field preferred; equivalent experience may be acceptable. Minimum 5 years of successful experience in produce sales positions, account management, with retail, wholesale, and/or food service clients; and knowledge of the produce industry is required.
- Ability to work in a team, talent for making sales, and aggressively developing new business.
- Must have an existing book of business.
- Effective negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent and effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to multi-task and strong organization skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information. Able to operate with the highest ethics and integrity at all times.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Excel, Outlook, and word.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work independently, promote, sell and procure new business.
- Knowledge of Famous Software a plus.
- Asparagus commodity sales experience is a plus.
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish is a plus, but not required.
- Logistics experience a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Altar Produce LLC management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
If you meet the qualifications listed, we strongly encourage you to apply for this position! When you apply, please include your:
- Cover Letter,
- Current Resume,
- List of three professional references.