To ensure products shipped from Eastern Pro Pack (and off-site locations) meet the standards set by AMC Direct, Inc. and the customers they serve.
- Inspect outgoing produce product and assure it meets customer quality and condition specifications as required by management.
- Re-inspect aged produce as required.
- Provide written repack run reports.
- Assist the production team to assure quality and condition standards are met at the time of packing.
- Ensure correct material labels are used with correct product.
- Occasional off-site inspections for product stored at third party facilities and/or product to be purchased
- Comply with Company policies- ie., food safety, hygiene, PPE, clean as you go.
- Report all inquiries and issues to supervisor.
- Retrieve samples of product when requested.
- Conduct cycle counts on packaging materials.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Examine and inspect containers, materials, and fruit in order to ensure that packing specifications are met.
- Weighing and counting material to insure weight specifications are met.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma / GED.
- 1+ years of previous experience in produce preferred.
- Experience with Famous software or experience with other similar software is a plus.
- USDA Certification preferred
- Grape/Citrus quality inspection.
- Knowledge in agriculture and fruit operations.
- Knowledge of Post-harvest fruit.
- Knowledge of food safety, USDA regulations.
- Proficient at Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to prioritize and possess a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing).
- effectively at various levels throughout the organization.
- Bilingual- (English/Spanish is a plus).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable DMV record is mandatory.
- Reliable transportation required.
Other characteristics such as personal characteristics
- Personable and professional presence.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, detail oriented, analytical and organized.
- Duties may require working outside standard work hours (i.e., work Monday through Friday and seasonally on a Saturday).
- Working with challenging clients.
- This position requires work outside the office environment.
- May work in extreme cold/heat conditions.
- May work in loud environment.
- Regularly lift 40-50 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Ability to lift a maximum of 40-50 lbs.
- Bend or twist at the neck and trunk while performing the duties of this job.
- Objectives; that compliance with all applicable legal considerations have been meet, and that the employee understands the job requirements.