Responsible for supervising the warehousing function which includes incoming and outgoing material such as receiving and cooling of raw product, receiving of packaging materials, inventory management, dispatching, warehouse personnel, and order pick, stage, and load. Utilize available resources (staff and equipment) to move product in the safest and most cost-effective manner to meet or exceed customer expectations and to achieve site and company goals.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the direct supervision of warehouse employees. Communicate job tasks, key operating indicators, and safety expectations. Ensures that direct reports follow company policy and procedures by training, coaching, counseling when necessary.
- Responsible for preparing and managing daily schedule of employees to include start time, breaks and lunches, and end time while adhering to Wage and Hour laws.
- Supervise, train, provide performance feedback and assign duties of direct reports to ensure productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Manage operational procedures to include the incoming and outgoing shipments, handle the organization of merchandise, and maintain warehouse inventory
- Adhere to regulatory requirements and Good Manufacturing practices (OSHA, HAACP, Food Safety, PPE, Wage and Hour, etc.).
- Handle employee conflicts and performance matters in a professional manner whereby all parties involved believe they’ve been heard, treated fairly, and can support the resolution or outcome.
- Track and send reports to designated plant personnel/Customers Fresh and Frozen
- Track warehouse activities on forklift derivers and safety
- Continuous improvement oriented
- Ability to implement new processes
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Resolve employee issues and maintain open lines of communication with all levels of the organization
- Ability to build, coach, train and motivate personnel, while holding employees accountable for result.
- Perform assigned projects as instructed
- Work with machinery and material handling equipment
REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES)
- Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in the English/Spanish.
- Must be able to communicate in a professional manner with sales representatives, customers, truckers, vendors, management etc. in a professional knowledgeable manner.
- Knowledge of food safety, good manufacturing practices, general plant and warehouse safety practices and procedures preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel preferred.
- Working knowledge of WMS systems preferred.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- 2 years warehouse or logistics leadership experience
- Strong conflict management skills
- Ability to work in temperatures as low as -20 Fahrenheit/-25 Celsius in cold while wearing company provided personal protective equipment and freezer gear
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs.; weight may be more dependent upon facility
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule and shift, including weekends if needed
- Must be comfortable with various noise levels, at times, can be loud
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Forklift operation certification preferred
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.