We are currently accepting applications for a Retail Sales Associate to join our team in Brooklyn, NY.
Ark Foods is a modern-day farming company that creates simple, fresh, and exciting food. We’ve built a stellar team, based in Brooklyn, NY, that is equally passionate about growing vegetables (the ultimate food) and building a business that reimagines what it means to be an agriculture company. Currently, we’re laser-focused on managing our own East Coast farms that grow imaginative produce like the Shishito Pepper or the Honeynut Squash, and creating our fresh and totally plant-based Veggie Bowls in an array of delightful flavors. And we’ve got big plans for the future. Whether you are interested in sales operations or retail sales this job is a great entry point to grow with the company. Our ideal candidate will feel passionate about our core commitments:
- Vegetable experimentation: We love vegetables for their universal nature and creative potential. We’ll continue to dream up and grow unique vegetables varieties that you won’t find elsewhere – it’s part of our unconventional approach to food, and commitment to creativity in all we do.
- Total supply chain transparency. We own our entire ecosystem and directly employ our operational team members. This allows us to guarantee total food traceability and that all of our employees, from our HQ to our farms, are equally valued as part of the Ark Foods family.
- Accessibility. We absolutely love vegetables and believe everyone should have access to clean, healthy food. We’re committed to accessible price points, growing our nationwide availability, and developing initiatives that further this commitment.
The Retail Sales Associate role will directly assist and contribute to the growth of retail sales at Ark Foods. This is an exciting opportunity to join a start-up in the midst of explosive growth and work among a fun-loving, scrappy bunch. The role is ideal for someone who thinks analytically and strategically, but also welcomes creativity.
- Help to bring exciting new veggie products to market throughout the U.S.
- Engage with customers on account launches, new product launches, and more
- Support in account management of retail relationships, overseeing order management and entry
- Analyze sales data and determine how to continue to drive growth with various retail partners, while building relationships at the store level
- Handle inventory analysis of accounts that require vendor-managed inventory
- Communicate internally between all departments
- Ensures all current and soon-to-launch retailers are listed on our website so customers know where to find out products
- Reports to Retail Sales Director
- 2-3 years’ experience working with retailers in the food industry
- A general understanding of the U.S. grocery store landscape
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to react quickly and work in a fast-paced work environment, while communicating effectively between teams
- Working knowledge of Google Drive, Sheets, etc.
- Strong penchant for organization