Awe Sum Organics, Inc. is a well-established importer and marketer of organic fruit. The Company has been in business since 1985 and is a leader in the industry, with domestic and international product supply along with nation-wide and Canadian distribution.
We are dedicated to furthering global sustainability through organic, non-GMO agriculture. Since 1985, we have remained devoted to providing the best tasting, freshest organic fruit through authentic farming that respects our soil, our water and our planet. In partnership with our extraordinary growers, we strive to minimize our carbon footprint and keep soils healthy for future generations. Our guiding principle is integrity both in our products and our business practices. We are committed to ensuring fair, sustainable returns for our family of growers, and improving the quality of life in our global community.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Produce Sales Manager to head our sales team in beautiful Santa Cruz, CA.
The Sales Manager is responsible for managing the day to day sales process and activities to ensure a high level of business revenue and growth. They will be responsible for recruiting, selecting, training and coaching new employees, as well as mentoring veteran sales representatives. Manage the team’s performance, as well as create and analyze sales data.
This is a management position that reports directly to the General Manager.
- Play a pro-active role in cultivating the “Awe Sum culture” that attracts and retains high performers to ensure individual performance levels and team performance for the greater good of the Company, our suppliers and customers.
- Create a “Team” environment by utilizing open and honest communications, continuous feedback loops and recognition for a job well done as well as to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Identify, cultivate, and procure new business sales relationships/opportunities.
- Assume ownership of the entire sales team life cycle including hiring, training, supporting and directing.
- Conduct and lead regular meetings with Sales Team and relevant departments.
- Expand and develop greater communications with key customers.
- Facilitate a sales plan to ensure positive seasonal results for Awe Sum’s family of grower partners
- Develop and implement criteria/metrics to monitor performance of Sales Team
- Perform employee reviews as directed by corporate policy.
- Develop systems and processes to minimize “fire drills” and ensure consistency proactive behavior.
- Develop KPIs and the dashboard(s) to support good and fast decision-making and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, with a minimum of 7 to 10 years related experience.
- Produce / Organics knowledge highly desirable.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft, Word and Excel, and industry software.
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with and lead a team; flexible to changing priorities.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex regulatory information. Ability to write clearly and present data efficiently. Ability to communication and effectively present information to Executive and team.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to calculate rate, ration and percent.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of information and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Willingness to make and receive after-hours calls and emails as needed
- Able to travel to represent Awe Sum Organics, Inc. at trade shows or conventions as well as customer site visits
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.