Established in 1988 and based in Los Angeles, Bandwagon Brokerage is a highly respected wholesale produce provider. Our mission is to provide our customers with the highest quality fresh specialty produce in all categories of fruits and vegetables from all corners of the world.
Our business grows every year, and we’re looking for a passionate Warehouse Dispatcher/Assistant Manager to be a part of this growth!
As a Warehouse Dispatcher/Assistant Manager, you will interact with warehouse operations, buyers, sales team, receivers and vendors to locate and secure quality products to fulfill daily orders and dispatch company drivers to pick-up and return those orders safely to our facility in a company vehicle.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with an established work ethic, produce environment background, and a desire to flourish and grow with the company. You will work from our office in Los Angeles, CA.
As a Warehouse Dispatcher/Assistant Manager, you will be expected to:
- Document and record daily product “delivery” and “pick-up” sheets
- Communicate with buyers to verify that all daily detailed order requirements are accounted for
- Place and receive calls to vendors, drivers, buyers and sales team as needed.
- Dispatch company trucks and drivers to pick-up and delivery locations with efficiency
- Ensure verification and inspection of inbound documents, product for quality, quantity, size, pack and commodity
- Communicate order and or product irregularities with buyers and sales teams
- Be aware of scheduled times for outbound loads, and work to achieve these goals
- Record necessary information on vendor invoice or bill of lading
- Understand and follow all company food safety, general safety and security policies
- Oversee all cooler floor operations, general safety and food safety follow-through
- Oversee quality & condition of re-pack room operations and finished goods
What we look for in a Warehouse Dispatcher/Assistant Manager:
- Bilingual, English and Spanish
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must
- Must be able to multitask
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Energy to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of LA Produce Market with an understanding of where Produce Vendors are located
- Strong management skills
- Basic computer skills
- Physically able to continuously stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, crouch, handle and move/push/pull/lift items weighing from 60 lbs safely in a refrigerated environment
- Knowledge of the USDA grading and conditioning requirements, correct storage temperatures and specialty produce characteristics preferred
- Must be punctual
- Team Player
What we offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Vision, Dental and Medical Insurance benefits
- Profit sharing plan
- Paid time off and holiday pay benefits
If you are self-driven, highly motivated and eager to grow the business, apply today and join the Bandwagon!