We are a well-established produce company in Los Angeles specializing in the sales and distribution of specialty fruits and vegetables throughout the United States and the world. Since 1988, we have been a major source of specialty fruits and vegetables to the retail, wholesale, and foodservice industry. Working directly with growers and brokers from around the globe, we have become a well-respected source in the industry. Our dedicated staff, work ethic and state of the art facility have allowed us to provide a great work environment for our long time employees. Our employees’ hard work and dedication are, first and foremost, the reason for our longevity and success.
At present, we are looking for a sales assistant to join our team and help us to continue to grow. This is a great opportunity to enter an exciting, dynamic, and stimulating industry from the ground up or continue a career in Produce. If you have a good work ethic, don’t mind working hard, and enjoy working a job where no day is ever the same, please read on to see if you qualify or are interested in applying.
Competitive benefit package offered.
- Learn the way our business runs, understanding what each department does in relation to sales.
- Learning our line of products.
- Learning our proprietary computer system and software to input customer orders, pricing, generate price lists and reports, and various other functions.
- Understand how our telephone system, intercom, and copiers operate.
- Becoming familiar with our Food Safety program while collecting and reviewing vendor food safety information.
- Taking orders by phone, email, or text message with some selling.
- Confirming accuracy of order entry and shipping.
- Resolving customer issues.
- Booking and tracking freight by air or truck to confirm timely pickups and arrivals.
- Answer phones and assist in customer follow up.
- Generate customer invoices, truck bills of lading (BOL), and airway bills (AWB).
- Ordering/purchasing supplies as needed.
- Learning paperwork flow.
- Some filing and research as needed.
- Support team to accomplish department objectives in customer service, accuracy, and productivity.
- Learning itrade to process customer’s invoices.
- Some marketing i.e. daily marketing flyer, with training.
- College degree preferred.
- 3 years minimum produce/food industry experience.
- Computer literate and internet knowledge.
- Ability to work in stressful environment.
- Ability to be in refrigerated environment.
- Team player and good communicator.
- Ability to multi task.
- Good listener, able to take direction and execute.
- Knowledgeable with Produce Pro software (preferred), office machines, telephones, Windows Office, Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel.
- Must have good oral and written skills.
- Responsible, dependable, and motivated.
- Capable of working overtime if needed.
- Ability to communicate in English and Spanish (preferred).
THE ABOVE INFORMATION HAS BEEN PROVIDED AS EXAMPLES OF THE TYPE OF WORK TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE ASSIGNED TO THIS JOB CLASSIFICATION. MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD, MODIFY, CHANGE OR RESCIND THE WORK ASSIGNMENT DESCRIBED HERE IN ORDER TO ACCOMPLISH THE GOALS OF THE COMPANY AT ANYTIME.