Bay Cities Produce Company was founded in 1947 by Albert Del Masso and was managed by him and his son Steve until Al’s passing in 2014. Steve has been involved since he was 7 years old, accompanying his father on his daily produce route.
Bay Cities services restaurants, institutions, foodservice, government and retailers. We carry a full line of fresh, frozen, and prepared fruits and vegetables. We take pride in ourselves and our company. Our employees are here to serve you, and in time will come to know your special needs and expectations.
Employees at Bay Cities comprise of a motivated team and many have been with us for over 30 years. Management and employees are a motivated team. We are fond of our employees and it shows in our commitment to serve our clients.
We have an excellent team and are looking for an experienced Sales Manager to help us grow to the next level in sustainable, quality, and local produce. The right person will bring sales and produce industry experience, matched with high energy and outstanding communication skills, to our fast-growing team. As the Sales manager you will work closely with buying staff to establish hot sheets and pricelist. Our sales staff must always be aware of local crops in season. This is a perfect position for somebody who wants to establish deep roots within a company and grow their career.
- Lead, develop, and coach sales staff and buyers to perform their assigned responsibilities within the context of the Company’s goals and marketing plan.
- Achieve sales growth and meet/exceed sales targets through successful business development and strong relationships with new and existing customers.
- Responsible for overseeing the P/R of all accounts.
- Responsible for updating weekly/monthly and contract pricing.
- Responsible for creating weekly hot sheets, local farm list, and the monthly local list.
- Responsible for maintaining bids, contracts, and chain accounts.
- Responsible for following up, or designating follow-up on new leads.
- A strong knowledge of wholesale produce.
- Experience in retail, restaurant, health care, and corporate foodservice preferred.
- Experience using and analyzing data to make data-driven decisions.
- Must demonstrate good time management skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate and close sales.
- Possess a strong work ethic and be highly motivated, use sound judgment, diplomacy and discretion.
- Above all, the sales manager must have excellent people skills.