Under the direction of General Manager, the Food Safety Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for developing the required procedures, forms, and other documents necessary to achieve SQF Level 2 compliance.
Houston TX area preferred. Must be able to relocate within the next 2 to 3 weeks.
- Oversee the development, implementation, review and maintenance of the SQF system and the HACCP Plan.
- Responsible for validating changes to food safety fundamentals and food safety plans that could have an impact on our ability to deliver safe food.
- Document all SQF system reviews, validations and changes made to the system.
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity of the SQF system as well as the HACCP Food Safety Plan.
- Communicate to relevant personnel all information essential to ensure effective implementation and maintenance of the SQF and HACCP Plans.
- Hold a position of responsibility in management.
- Be competent to implement and maintain HACCP based food safety plan.
- Has responsibility for implementing the training needs of the organizations personnel to ensure that they are competent to carry out functions affecting products, legality and product safety.
- Manage all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and the hiring of employees within the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- At least 3yrs experience in the food industry.
- SQF certified or willing to get certified.
- HACCP certified.
- Supervisory/Management experience.
- Spanish Preferred.