We are seeking a Production Supervisor to join our team! We have two openings for the afternoon/rotating shifts available.
Responsible for daily plant production and be self motivated and results oriented with high level of attention to detail. Ideal candidate will possess strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills to fulfill his/her position. To achieve this scope, he/she will have duties which include establishing plant policies and procedures. In addition to these objectives, he/she is responsible for plant production goals, and managing production associates.
- Ensure product quality and specifications are met to the highest expectations.
- Supervise the day to day workflow of production associates.
- Operate as a back up for the Production Manager when they are on vacation or otherwise unavailable.
- Assist in the forecasting and production of various areas of production.
- Maintain production schedules and estimate worker hour-requirements for completion of job assignments, including work procedures to meet production goals.
- Maintain time and production records.
- Ability to work in cold conditions for long period of times.
- Ability to work long hours if necessary, and direct the overall activities of the manufacturing facilities of the plant to ensure customer orders are received, scheduled, produced and shipped at the lowest possible cost to meet the customers' requirements while maintaining corporate established quality standards.
- Ensure that appropriate standard operating procedures (SOP's) are developed and maintained for all aspects of the business.
- Ensure compliance with GMP’s, food safety and the safety of all employees.
- Act as a liaison with Shipping/Receiving and Customer Service to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction in helping to address customer inquiries, problems and concerns.
- Responsible for maintaining proper staffing levels, employee performance evaluations, discipline, and employee commendations.
- Ensure compliance with all Bella Foods Produce policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, and 5 or more years of experience in manufacturing industry, preferably food or produce.
- Advanced interpersonal skills required.
- Operational management knowledge required.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.