We are a produce sales company incorporated in 1985. We import around 1 million boxes of fruit from Chile, Argentina, & New Zealand. We handle apples, cherries, grapes, pears, peaches, plums, and nectarines. We are located at Rancho Dominguez Hills in the South Bay area just 15 min from Long Beach, 35 minutes from the beaches of Huntington, Hermosa, Redondo, and Manhattan, as well as down town LA.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Accounting Assistant to join our team in Rancho Dominguez, CA.
This is a Full time accounting assistant position in a demanding fast-paced environment.
The candidate will work with computerized grower accounting and general accounting.
The person we’re looking for has:
- At a minimum, an Associate degree in Accounting, Bookkeeping or similar field. Bachelor’s degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience can be
- 3 years of relevant, hands-on accounting experience. Grower accounting experience desirable;
- Knowledge of basic accounting terminology and concepts;
- Good technology skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with emphasis on Excel, may need to demonstrate knowledge;
- Knowledge of Famous and Netsuite System is preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must demonstrate analytical skills as well as strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently on assigned duties with little supervision;
- Demonstrates an ability to manage a variety of priorities while meeting deadlines;
- Bilingual – Spanish not required but would be helpful
Join our team and become part of the success of a growing company now. Don't wait, this position will be filled soon with excellent benefits & compensation.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.