About Berry People:
Berry People is a year-round, full-line shipper of organic and conventional ‘Berry People’ branded berries. Headquartered in Hollister, California, the company’s ownership, and key alliance partners hold important production assets in California, Mexico, Chile, and Peru. Berry People is a fast-growing company that operates with a strong ethos along its entire supply chain that emphasizes integrity, stewardship, and empathy for its people and partners.
We have a new opportunity for an experienced, motivated, and talented individual to join our sales team as an Account Manager. This role will require a “hunter-gatherer” mentality, together with a good attitude, the ability to build strong and lasting relationships, and the agility and tenacity required to manage and press forward through the multiple daily challenges common to a fresh berries sales desk.
An Account Manager for Berry People will need the experience and ability to truly understand his/her customers’ business cadence, anticipate needs, manage expectations, and overcome objections. He/she will also take the lead to continually align the Company’s, growers, and customers interests on a daily basis, addressing quality, market, and supply-chain challenges head-on, and with an excellent cand-do attitude every day.
If you are a talented and driven produce sales professional who thrives on working in a competitive and supportive culture, then Berry People is the right place for you.
- Directly develop and manage new & existing customer accounts
- Identify customer requirements and sales cycles, and continually increase the number of won opportunities over time
- Effectively sell “hard-to-move” or “surge” inventory under any product or market condition
- Outperform the competition on the placement of increasing produce volume at consistently higher market returns
- Develop a direct, diversified, and deliberate book of business, with low concentration and intermediation, and consistent week-over-week business with top-tier customer accounts.
- Work with commodity management on accurate and team-aligned forward offers of pricing and volume (Lids, Ads, Promos, Programs)
- Work closely with supply and sales coordinators to optimize service levels and sales results for both customer and grower accounts
- Effectively manage to account management KPI’s, while growing same customer sales across company categories
Skills & Abilities:
- Understands crops and markets, knows how to call the markets based on supply and demand
- Creative approach to sales strategies and team involvement
- Must be a “hunter-gatherer” and a “closer”
- Customer Service Driven
- Clear and Professional Verbal and Written Communication
- Overcome Objections & Manage Expectations with Buyers and Growers
- Planning, and Goal Setting
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Proficient in the use of ERP and CRM software systems
- High Intensity, Awareness, and Agility while maintaining Detailed Accuracy
- Enjoy Fast-Paced Produce Sales Environment
- High Emotional Intelligence & Strong Character
- Personable, Reliable, and Trustworthy
- Creative & Tenacious Problem Solver
Experience & Education:
- Fresh berries sector knowledge highly preferred
- Sufficient knowledge of produce supply-chain operations, farming, packing, cooling, sales, etc.
- Previous account management experience required
- Spanish/English biliteracy a plus, but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Sales & Marketing or Related Emphasis preferred. Consideration given to combined Education Experience, and Track Record.
- Management - Reports to Sales Manager and COO
- Outside Parties - Interacts with Buyers, Growers, Coolers, Carriers, and other Service Providers or Trading Partners
- Inside Parties – Works in collaboration with Management, Accounting, Sales, Supply, Compliance, Quality Assurance, and Operations
Benefits: We offer a very competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision Package.