Berry People is a year-round, full-line shipper of organic and conventional berries and avocados, and owner of the Berry People® and Avo People® brands. Headquartered in Hollister, California, the company’s ownership and key alliance partners hold important production assets in California, Mexico, Chile, and Peru. All product is graded and allocated by pallet, and all growers are fully compliant with USDA and FDA regulations on Food Safety and organic practices. Berry People operates with a strong company ethos along its entire supply chain that emphasizes complementarity, stewardship, and empathy.
We now have an opening for a Sales-Supply Coordinator to join our team in Hollister, CA.
The Sales-Supply Coordinator will assist the sales team in both account and commodity management through administrative, analytical, and operational support, handling the “service” scope of work so that account and commodity managers can focus on the “sales.” This very important role will provide solid exposure to both the supply and sales side of the business, and it is a natural segue to a future role in account or commodity management.
The successful candidate will have:
Skills & Abilities:
- Accurate Assessment of Market (Supply & Demand), both Movement and Pricing
- Proficient in use MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, & Power Point
- High Proficiency in Excel for Planning and Analysis Purposes
- Clear and Professional Verbal and Written Communication
- Overcome Objections & Manage Expectations between Sales Team, Growers, and Buyers
- Budgeting, Planning, and Goal Setting
- Effectively Balance Sales & Service Activity
- Proficient in Sales Transaction System Software (Famous or similar)
- High Intensity, Awareness, and Agility while maintaining Detailed Accuracy
- Enjoy Fast-Paced & Volatile Produce Sales Environment
- High Emotional Intelligence & Strong Character
- Personable, Reliable, and Trustworthy
- Creative & Tenacious Problem Solver
- Willing to Relocate
Experience & Education:
- Fresh Berry and/or Avocado Category Experience
- Farming, Packing, Shipping, and Buying/Sales Experience
- Personnel & Product Management
- Spanish/English Biliteracy Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Sales & Marketing or Related Emphasis preferred. Consideration given to combined Education Experience, and Track Record.
We offer competitive wages as well as a premium health, dental and vision package.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.