Are you an Accounting Professional looking for a new challenge? Do you have what it takes to take full charge of all of our accounting functions?
Then we want to talk to you.
We’re Berry People. A year-round, full-line shipper of organic and conventional berries and avocados, and owner of the Berry People® and Avo People® brands. Headquartered in Hollister, California, the company’s ownership and key alliance partners hold important production assets in California, Mexico, Chile, and Peru. All product is graded and allocated by pallet, and all growers are fully compliant with USDA and FDA regulations on Food Safety and organic practices. Berry People operates with a strong company ethos along its entire supply chain that emphasizes complementarity, stewardship, and empathy.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Senior Staff Accountant to join our team in Hollister, CA.
As Sr. Staff Accountant you will ensure the timely and accurate processing of all customer/supplier transactions, working both with your sales/operations teams, as well as directly with buyer/supplier clients and other vendors. Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will support our transaction process from end-to-end, and your duties will include daily transactional work, research and problem solving on trouble files, analysis on cost and transaction history, reporting to internal and external parties on AR/AP activity, and hands-on management of the month-end closing process. As part of a young and fast-growing company, this role will give you the experience and flexibility to grow into other roles within accounting, and into higher levels of responsibility and professional development.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Wholesale, Manufacturing, and Food/Beverage Distribution Experience is Preferred
- Accounting & Administration Experience, 5+ years
- Thorough Knowledge of accounting procedures and principles
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Advanced Excel (Pivot Tables, VH Lookup, Etc.)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (i.e. Word, Outlook)
- Proficient in Accounting & Transaction Software (i.e. Quickbooks, Famous, or similar)
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently
- Problem Analysis and Problem-Solving Skills
- Working Knowledge of Cost Accounting Principles
- Effective Written and Verbal Communication
- English & Spanish Bi-Literacy Preferred
We offer a competitive compensation package, including Medical, Dental, and Vision package.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.