Work with a purpose and join us!
Black Gold Farms has a Farm Manager position available at its Pearsall, TX location.
It takes many skilled and talented people doing many things right to successfully grow, harvest, sell and distribute potatoes and other crops throughout the United States. We work on the farm, in the field, at the office and on the road. We do what we can to be good stewards of the land, good community members and good industry partners.
We are the people who make up Black Gold Farms, a global production, sales and service operation. Every day, we go the extra distance for your plate, community and world. We can't wait for you to join the team.
Black Gold has an excellent benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life insurance, a company funded health savings account, short term disability, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, a 401(k) program with company match, paid time off, paid holidays, retirement bonus, and an incentive bonus. A company vehicle is also provided with this position. Relocation assistance may be provided if necessary.
- Coordinating and leading employees
- Compiling and inputting records on the crops
- Creating and maintaining positive relationships with our land partners to assist with procuring quality land
- Creating schedules for planting, crop input applications, irrigation, and equipment readiness and harvesting
- Ensuring the location is properly allocating resources and managing expenses, including maintaining the operations budget
- Monitoring and adhering to customer expectations to ensure their satisfaction, including implementing quality and service programs
- Directing harvest operations and conducting off-season activities
Production agriculture and management experience is required. A bachelor’s degree in ag or related field is desired, as well as experience in equipment management, irrigation, basic agronomy, budgeting, record keeping, and Microsoft software programs. Potato experience is not necessary.