We are seeking an experienced full-time year-round Berry Salesperson to join our Monterey County Company.
- Work collaboratvely with sales team members and quality control staff to ensure optimal customer service and support- Help resolve any customer issues or conflicts.
- Manage existing business while pursuing new opportunities.
- Understand the current product line as well as the company goals in terms of further developing the product line.
- Understand the customer base and hierarchy of the customer base and how each customer fits into that heirarchy.
- Develop an understanding of strawberries (customer wants, growth regions and cycles, associated challenges, weather implications) that will enable one to make the best decisions in regards to pricing and distribution.
- Interacting with and developing strategies for future growth with both current and potential customers.
- Interact with and develop relationships with customers via daily communication, travel to their facilities, field and facility tours and/or and or any other relationship building opportunities.
- Be available for travel to visit customers as well as to attend trade shows throughout the year.
- Be an active participant in delivering upon the company’s vision in all aspects of the job.
- Manage the inventory of all products being sold in all growing regions.
- Assist with the management of the compliance of all contracts (pricing, weekly allotments, etc.) to the extent that they are available.
- Assist with the allocation of product to all customers based upon that customers loyalty, purchase history and pricing.
- Assist with order entry and computer system adjustments when needed.
- Assist with the booking of freight and the associated back-end paperwork to ensure that pricing is booked and recorded correctly on applicable orders.
- Assist with the entry into and the management of all orders into associated EDI interfaces.
- Assist with all product forecasting and availability.
- Assist with the coverage of customers as well as other employees customers when other employees are out of the office.
- Answer in-coming calls.
- Manage the Accounts Receiveable for each of the specific accounts with the goal of having files paid within 30 days.
- 5 years of experience in Produce Sales required with experience in the berry segment preferred.
- Conduct business with the highest ethics and level of integrity.
The ideal candidate will be an outgoing “People Person” with knowledge of and experience in the Fresh Produce industry.
- Customer service focused
- Excellent communication and interpersonal/teamwork skills
- Ability to multi-task with a results-oriented personality.
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and be resourceful.
- Ability to plan ahead and to look at the whole picture.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office needed;
- Knowledge of Famous Accounting and Inventory system helpful.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus, but is not required.
We offer a competitive Salary and benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K.