Blue Ribbon Frozen Foods has been family owned and managed since 2008. We are the “Frozen” IQF processor/packer for the Muzzi Family Farm’s group of fresh and frozen processing and sales companies.
We are seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our team in Watsonville, CA. This candidate will troubleshoot, repair and maintain produce processing equipment and conduct miscellaneous repairs to keep our facilities safe and functional, in addition to ensuring compliance with state and federal food safety standards.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks.
- Repair and maintain processing equipment, facility and miscellaneous items to Company standards.
- Track and record completed repairs and maintain accurate records within facility tracking system.
- Grow technical skills and competencies to expand ability to maintain additional assets in the plant.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Formal trade related training/education and/or certification(s) a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience, working in facility maintenance or equipment repair.
- Ability to accomplish maintenance assignments in accordance with company policies, SOP’s and regulations
- Understands the importance of Food Safety in a food processing/manufacturing environment
- Ability to read electrical schematics, flow charts and technical documents
- Wide experience performing a variety of electrical, plumbing, equipment and building repairs.
- Demonstrate ability to plan and prioritize tasks in a self-directed work environment and maintain high levels of productivity without direct supervision.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to solve problems with a sense of urgency.
- Curiosity and aptitude for learning how things work and desire to grow and broaden skills and competencies.
- Bilingual in English & Spanish Preferred.
- Valid Driver’s license and able to pass a criminal background check.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full time position with a competitive hourly rate and health insurance, based on experience and knowledge.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.