STRONG HISTORY. EXCITING FUTURE.
Bolthouse Farms is a farm located in California's fertile San Joaquin Valley, known for high-quality consumer brands and innovative products. Bolthouse Farms is a market share leader in growing and distributing carrots. In addition, Bolthouse Farms produces and sells super-premium juices, smoothies, protein shakes and café beverages under the Bolthouse Farms® brand name. In recent years, Bolthouse Farms diversified its offerings by launching a line of premium refrigerated yogurt dressings and extra virgin olive oil vinaigrettes. The Bolthouse Farms mission is to change the way people consume healthy foods and beverages.
Join the company that was named a top food innovator by Fast Company Magazine!
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Shift Manager will coordinate shift activities, monitor carrot flows, manage process facilities and equipment, and maintain quality standards, while maximizing production units. Responsibilities include: assigning and directing work, managing throughout, assuring equipment up time and product utilization, maximizing personnel efforts, monitoring productivity, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Meets production goals for quality, yield, productivity, cost and safety
- Identifies processing deficiencies and methods of improvement with Management and implement changes as needed
- Directly responsible for the development and training of production supervisors, leads and employees, working within the guidelines of company policies
- Tracks production reports to ensure efficiency
- Watches flow of product and contacts necessary support divisions to maximize uptime
- Takes leadership role regarding employee safety by enforcing safe practices, addressing unsafe conditions and holding regular safety meetings
- Ensures accurate timecard reporting/attendance tracking
- Counsels and disciplines employees
- Assures all daily orders are filled on time and management’s daily goals are met
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be able to sit for an extended period of time during work period
- Standing/walking for prolonged periods of time
- Environmental exposure–cold/humid/wet conditions (40°or below), moving machinery and outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally required to climb stairways, and lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; risk of electrical shock, and vibrations
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent, from two-Year College or technical school; and two to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid California Driver License with clean driving record
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) or ability to speak Spanish or willingness to learn
- 2 years of previous work experience in a production facility
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to communicate effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondences
- Good mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of e-mail Internet software, Manufacturing software, and Word Processing software.
- Ability to manage and interact with personnel using company guidelines and provisions.