STRONG HISTORY. EXCITING FUTURE.
Bolthouse Farms is a farm located in California's fertile San Joaquin Valley, known for high-quality consumer brands and innovative products. Bolthouse Farms is a market share leader in growing and distributing carrots. In addition, Bolthouse Farms produces and sells super-premium juices, smoothies, protein shakes and café beverages under the Bolthouse Farms® brand name. In recent years, Bolthouse Farms diversified its offerings by launching a line of premium refrigerated yogurt dressings and extra virgin olive oil vinaigrettes. The Bolthouse Farms mission is to change the way people consume healthy foods and beverages.
Join the company that was named a top food innovator by Fast Company Magazine!
Finished Goods Quality Supervisor will carry out routine and timely Finished Product evaluation and sample collection to ensure Food Safety and Quality of incoming product(s) to our offsite warehouse location.
- Perform sampling of various finished products for physical and chemical analyses at required frequencies
- Collect samples for evaluation
- Maintain accurate data entry and data files
- Communicate and report results outside the defined specification ranges in a timely manner
- Prepare defective material report and follow up when problems in product arise
- Prepare samples for shipment on request
- Interact with other departments e.g. supplier/vendor, sales/marketing, R&D, QA/QC, regulatory/labeling, purchasing, finance, production planning, and warehouse groups on a regular basis
- Maintains control of dumpster product, documentation and destruction.
- Perform special projects as the needs arise
- Main point person for 3rd party audits
- Maintains compliance documentation and point person to work with on record review and audit outputs
- Ensures all corrective action & preventative action (CAPAs) items are closed in a timely manner.
- Point person for Corporate QA; assisting with the facilities audit readiness
- Will be expected to work overtime, weekends and off-shifts when business need arises.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Occasional standing, walking, sitting, handling, and climbing
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of Food Manufacturing environment experience is preferred, or High School Diploma, or equivalent, and 5 years’ related experience working in Food Manufacturing environment
- Prior warehouse experience and/or QC experience is desired
- Valid Illinois Driver License and clean driving record
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Office Excel, Word
- Communicate and interact well with others a warehouse and manufacturing environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and apply Good Manufacturing Practices
- Ability to provide leadership by strong decision-making skills and the integrity involved with those decisions
- Ability to provide leadership by organizing, participating and facilitating groups for completion of goals
- Demonstrate the ability to learn new techniques
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Keep accurate records
- Comply with company policy including reliability in attendance and completion of assigned duty
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as a team and follow instructions
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Good mathematical skills (such understanding analytical tests and results)