We grow, harvest, cool, process and ship millions of cartons of fresh vegetables to retailers, wholesalers and food service customers all over the world. What sets us apart is our seed to sales approach. We control the entire process, ensuring consistent, high quality produce year around.
To help us accomplish this, we are currently seeking an experienced Harvest Supervisor.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Assistant to the Harvest Manager
- Executes directives and plans of Harvest Manager.
- Helps coordinate activities such as: Harvest Estimates, Timing, Quality, Supplies, and Budgets.
- Determine when, where and how much product will be harvested on any given day.
- Continuously supervising labor crews on a daily start to finish basis to ensure that the quality of the pack is up to the company's standards.
- Supervising crew progress on the product order throughout the day.
- Reports status of daily operations back to Harvest Manager.
- Records information, such as Quality, Supply, Timing, Yield, Lost Acres, Start and Close Dates.
- Sets up harvest for the following day, Crew Placement, PTI Tags, Food Safety Inspection Sheets
- Analyzes plant growth and reports crop status and/or crop recommendations.
- Inspects equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Inspects fields to determine maturity dates of crops to estimate harvest timing and quantity.
- Enforces safety regulations and ensures policies are followed.
- Manage transition from growing region to growing region; able to relocate and travel.
- Work with Ranch Managers, Foreman, Crew Personnel, and Labor Contractors.
- Ability to perform other related duties and projects as assigned.
- Maintain and enforce policies and procedures
- Maintain and enforce a safe work environment
To be successful, you will need:
- Combination of education, training, and applied knowledge in Vegetable Production,Specifically Harvesting
- The ability to make independent decisions and solve issues in a timely manner
- Work 6 days per week
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish
- Willingness to travel to Yuma, Arizona during winter operations
- Ability to perform other related duties as required
- Proficiency with computer skills (Excel, Word, Email)
What can you expect from us:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K and Profit Sharing Plan
- Company Vehicle
- Compensation commensurate with candidate’s credentials and experience