Booth Ranches LLC is a family owned fully integrated citrus company that not only packs, but also grows, and sells oranges. Booth Ranches farms 7500 acres of citrus throughout the California's Central Valley.
Providing citrus that is full of juice and ready to eat is a team effort. Being good stewards encompasses people, animals, land, air and water. Through good farming practices, utilizing our precious resources and being one of the largest employers in Orange Cove, California, we make the best choices for our today and our tomorrow.
Booth Ranches successes can be attributed to all the great employees who made the Booth family’s vision become a reality. We extend our efforts to preserve and protect the land we grow on. Through these practices we are confident in helping build brighter future for the community in which we live and work in.
We have an immediate opening for an Accountant to join our team in Orange Cove, CA. to perform financial functions related to collection, accuracy, recording, analysis and presentation of company’s financial operations. Ensures records are accurate and GAAP compliant. This position will report to the Controller.
- Obtain primary financial data from various resources and then summarize and verify the data
- Maintain financial reports, record and GL accounts
- Prepare expense and revenue accruals
- Assist with monthly and year-end close and reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Respond to information requests, review financial statements, and assist with audits as required
- Communicate accounting policies to various departments within the company
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and protection of company assets
- Perform special accounting projects or ad hoc duties as required by the Controller
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite; must be highly skilled in the use of Excel spreadsheets
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have strong organizational and analytical skills
- Must be able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
- Must be detail oriented with no tolerance for financial sloppiness
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, managers, and executives
- Must have strong math, verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to complete an essential work task especially when deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures
- Experience in Agriculture/Produce Accounting is a Plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required; minimum 2 years’ experience in accounting or related field required