Bostock North America, Inc. represents BOSTOCK New Zealand organic apples in North America. BOSTOCK New Zealand is the largest organic apple producer in New Zealand and has been growing premium organic apples since 1996. The company uses sustainable organic practices to preserve and enhance the fertile soils, rivers and underground aquifer for future generations to enjoy. John Bostock was the founder of BOSTOCK New Zealand, and the first grower to approach organic apple production on a commercial scale in New Zealand. BOSTOCK New Zealand has grown to over 1200 acres of BioGro certified land and is responsible for marketing and exporting 85% of New Zealand’s organic apple crop to the world.
We are now offering an exciting opportunity for an Account Manager to join our team in Scotts Valley, CA.
The role of the Account Manager in the Domestic Sales Department is to develop and maintain long-term relationships with customers for BOSTOCK New Zealand organic apples in North America through sales and day-to-day customer management. This is an exempt position that requires the Account Manager to work extended days/hours during seasonal peaks and after-hour calls and e-mails as needed.
- Management Skills – Ability to achieve desired outcomes by setting goals and priorities that deliver results
- Analytical Skills – Ability to gather raw data and process data into meaningful form
- Deductive Reasoning – Ability to apply logic and scientific thinking to wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Problem Solving – Ability to find solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems • Judgment – Ability to form sound opinions or make decisions by evaluating available information
- Communication – Ability to communicate concisely, clearly (oral, written), and to listen to and understand others’ messages/intent
- Strategic Planning – Ability to develop vision for the future and create culture in which long range goals can be achieved
- Project Management – Ability to demonstrate understanding of planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and executing tasks
- Resource Planning – Ability to obtain and appropriate proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, and personnel
- Team Oriented – Ability to work well with others
- Knowledge of Fresh Produce / Organics and sales experience highly desirable
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft, Word and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a science or agriculture related field, or equivalent experience, with a minimum of 3 to 5 years related experience
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.