Position Summary: The role of the Sales Coordinator is to execute and maintain customer programs and long-term relationships with customers for BOSTOCK New Zealand organic apples in North America through sales and day-to-day customer execution. Extended days/hours during seasonal peaks and/or after hours on-call may be offered. The position is Full Time, Non-Exempt and reports to the Sales Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed:
- Maintain and execute all aspects of order processing including EDI, logistics and charges
- Enter and manage various costs for orders including freight, warehouse fees and customer specific charges
- Achieve and maintain rapport with customers, logistics personnel and other supply chain partners to provide excellent customer service
- Follow up on customer and supplier inquiries and monitor delivery information
- Work closely with Account Managers to develop and maintain customer relationships and programs
- Manage inventory levels to meet priorities as outlined
- Audit bills of lading for accuracy against sales documents, pass and invoice orders
- Perform clerical duties that support the sales process – answering phones, modifying/transmitting documents and e-filing
- Produce daily and weekly reports
- Carry out all aspects of customer rejections/credit
- After hours sales support
- Analytical Skills – Ability to gather raw data and process data into meaningful form
- Deductive Reasoning – Ability to apply logic and scientific thinking to wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Problem Solving – Ability to find solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems
- Judgment – Ability to form sound opinions or make decisions by evaluating available information
- Communication – Ability to communicate concisely, clearly (oral, written), and to listen to and understand others’ messages/intent
- Strategic Planning – Ability to develop vision for the future and create culture in which long range goals can be achieved
- Project Management – Ability to demonstrate understanding of planning, organizing, and executing tasks
- Resource Planning – Ability to obtain and appropriate proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, and personnel
- Team Oriented – Ability to work well with others
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a science or agriculture related field, or equivalent experience, with a minimum of 1-3 years related experience
- Knowledge of Fresh Produce / Organics and sales experience highly desirable
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft, Word and Excel
Work Environment: Work will primarily be performed in an office environment.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.