LOCATION: Salinas Valley: Hybrid remote opportunity with travel. Sales team is based in Soledad, CA.
Required, periodic travel to corporate retail locations.
ABOUT BRAGA FRESH
For three generations the Braga family has been farming in the western United States from the Salinas Valley to Yuma, Arizona. With more than 20 years of a certified organic farming program in place, we are one of the fastest growing organic produce companies in America. A vertically integrated company, we mix innovation with tradition to grow, ship and process fresh vegetables and salads year-round under the Braga Farms and Josie’s Organics brands.
This role reports to the VP of Sales. They are to develop and lead the specialized inside sales team and be the corporate contact for retail accounts with five areas of focus: Contract management, annual negotiations, service levels, customer relationship and business development.
- Effectively manage the customer relationship, lead negotiations, and secure alignment in all categories of our business: Commodities and Value Add.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop action plans in delivering on retail customer initiatives
- “Boots on the ground” presence, requiring regular on-site representation at both the sales office and corporate retail office(s).
- Represent the company to retail partners in all areas farming, harvesting, sustainability and processing operations.
Have successful track record with large, national retail accounts.
Adaptable: with our fast growing, fast-paced environment and able to pivot as required for changing business needs and willing to work various shifts and extended hours if necessary.
An Experienced People Manager: You lead by example and enable your team to realize their potential.
Improvement Focused: continuously evaluating, prioritizing, and improving internal and retail partner communications
Well versed with product recalls/advisories and customer communication expectations.
Drive Sales and Service
- Continuous data analysis to identify opportunities for improving service and driving new sales growth
- Oversee private label program development, product launches, maintenance, and growth
- Manage service level scores internally and communicate effectively with retail partner team
- Develop and execute business growth plans
- Drive innovation and new product introduction to corporate retail partners
- Visit corporate retail locations several times a year as needed to grow the business
- Work closely with retail sourcing teams to drive the business
- Lead preparation for key customer meetings and category reviews
- Annual Planning & Forecasting for retail customers in key categories
- Compile and distribute metrics for internal analysis of performance and sales data weekly
- Category Management
- Monitors sales, drives growth
- Develop, execute, and maintain new methods and procedures to drive continuous improvements for our service levels for retail customers
- Support team within troubleshooting product, and service challenges
- Offer guidance and oversight to optimize product availability and service levels
- Lead the team during a food safety event (ie: recall or market withdrawal)
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in corporate retail account management, preferably in the fresh produce industry.
- Expertise with retailer systems
- Strong understanding of demand forecasting with fresh vegetable and salad category
- Has a high sense of urgency and ownership in regard to responsibilities and retail customer needs
- Self-starter with the ability prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously for both yourself and retail partners
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Excel, Famous and Tableau a plus
- Proven strong leadership abilities