Over the span of 40 years, Brothers Produce has become the largest produce distributor in Texas. We cover greater Dallas/Ft Worth, Austin, San Antonio, Laredo, Corpus Christi and the Rio Grande Valley. We distribute a full line of fresh fruits and vegetables, specialty items, and processed items to meet the customers' needs. Offering high-quality products and excellent customer service, we supply a broad range of foodservice and retail customers with a fleet of more than 100 refrigerated trucks.
We now have an amazing opportunity for a Produce Buyer to join us in either our Austin or Dallas facility.
The Produce Buyer is a dedicated, enthusiastic, and highly motivated individual on the Supply Team. This is a senior position requiring industry knowledge and expertise. The primary role of this position is the replenishment of produce for our Dallas and/or Austin, TX facilities. In addition, this position handles the negotiation of costs, sourcing, vendor selection and meeting of budgeted financial expectations.
The person we are looking for will have:
- Proactive mindset to get ahead of problems
- Has the motivation and willingness to take on more responsibilities and be held accountable
- Creative problem solver, with fast solutions for day to day problems
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Works well in a highly active team in a collaborative environment.
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
- 3-5+ years experience purchasing produce
- Extensive knowledge in the fresh produce industry (for both organic and conventional product), including PACA guidelines, temperature guidelines, and USDA inspections.
- Proven industry specific vendor relationships and firm negotiation skills.
- Experience in quickly solving issues and working in a fast paced environment
- Proficient with Excel, Word, Google Sheets/Docs and ERP systems. Knowledge of Produce Pro a Plus
- Analytical skills to summarize large data sets
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a great attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in business, agriculture or related field.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including:
- Insurance Plan
- Paid Vacation after one year
- 401K plan
- A great place to work
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.