World class multi-national Original Equipment Manufacturer of citrus processing systems is expanding its presence in the San Joaquin Valley and seeks a highly talented and motivated individual to join its California Region team.
This is a hybrid role of Process Engineering role with some sales/account management functions.
Responsible for all field process engineering and technical services activities.
Oversees all process engineering and technical services activities in the designated region (i.e. Client audit calendar for the season).
Designs and assists in the design process for producing high yield and high-quality food products, incorporating machinery developed by the company.
Initiates and assists in performing plant yield audits.
Visits customer locations, provides technical consultation to both customer and company regarding process and equipment performance to include product yield, quality, throughput, and process design. Help troubleshoot plant issues associated with processing equipment and service.
Provides training and education to customers on Brown Equipment and its use.
Performs and assists in performing process evaluations at customer sites.
Initiates and assists in performing extraction yield tests at both company and customer sites.
Assists in organizing technical services data files.
Initiates and assists in commissioning of new processes at customer sites.
Travel, both domestically and internationally to make technical service calls to both existing and potential customers.
Collaborates with global process engineering team to share ideas, lessons learned, and work to develop best practices. Recommend improvements to machinery and processes.
Completes statistical analysis, technical papers, and reports accurately and on-time.
Provides product and technical support/consultation/guidance to customers ensuring full satisfaction regarding equipment performance and service.
Serves as primary point of contact and liaison for California accounts. Manage and develop existing customer accounts ensuring total customer satisfaction.
Responds to customer inquiries and needs regarding satisfaction with equipment and service.
- Promotes company product lines through technical paper presentations and written communications.
- Develops and facilitates sales presentations, workshops, etc. to current and potential customers.
- Highly competitive pay.
- Relocation Assistance.
- Excellent benefits including retirement, medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, paid time off program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Food Science, or similar field of study (Master’s degree preferred).
- Multiple years of professional level Process Engineering experience (food processing industry highly desired).
- Strong statistical and analytical skills. Statistical software experience desired.
- Technical report writing skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong problem solving and analytical skills including statistical analysis.
- Strong self-leadership skills and able to work efficiently and effectively under limited supervision.
- High degree of professionalism along with proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Must have experience/ability to generate reports and schedules using various software packages.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft applications and software.
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, speaking, comprehension). Bilingual in English and Spanish desired.
- Valid Vehicle Operators License and Passport.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays on occasion as well as travel domestically and internationally.
- Must be willing to travel approximately 30-40% of the time (regional travel).