We are currently recruiting for a qualified individual to ensure the production of our food products by maintaining compliance with good manufacturing practices (GMP), applicable state/federal laws and customer specifications regarding food safety and quality.
You will maintain audit compliance, provide food safety training, maintain inventory of food safety related supplies, calibrate food safety instruments, perform daily pre-operational checks, maintain file on audits, maintenance, sanitation, perform routine testing to validate cleaning practices, manage sanitation crew, conduct food safety and organic inspections, assist with the completion of supplier questionnaires and other duties as assigned. For quality control, inspect incoming fruit, perform dry matter testing, monitor aged inventory. For safety, lead quarterly safety meetings, conduct safety inspections and arrange safety reward lunches when warranted.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in food science or agriculture.
- 1+ years’ experience in a similar position/similar industry or a combination of education and work experience.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written (bi lingual English/Spanish preferred but not required).
- Strong knowledge of food safety compliance (FSMA, GFSI), HACCP cert a plus (but not required).
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Possess a high level of dependability.
- Attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
For consideration, qualified candidates local to the Southern California area are encouraged to submit a cover letter, salary requirements and a resume. Please visit us at www.calavo.com to find out more about us and our exciting product line.