Capespan North America is a leading importer and distributor of premium fresh fruit in North America. We service retail grocery chains, club stores, food service companies and wholesale clients from coast to coast, throughout the US and Canada. We source the highest quality products from the finest growers around the world, which allows us to meet our customers’ needs in a demanding and competitive environment. With our attention squarely focused on product quality and customer service, we offer our customers business solutions for a wide range of fresh fruit programs.
As we continue to focus on our grape business with retail customers, we are searching for a Sales Executive to join our team in the East. In this results-driven role, the ideal candidate will be focused on selling, managing and growing current customers’ business, and developing new customers. This position will work out of our sales office in Gloucester, New Jersey reporting to the Director of Sales.
This is an opportunity to join a well-established and reputable company and a motivated team of empowered people. Your ability to succeed in this sales role will be supported with plentiful volumes of high-quality fruit and the support of an excellent operations team. You will be expected to make decisions and rely on your own judgement. We have a collaborative culture and welcome you to contribute your ideas and knowledge. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as the opportunity to develop professionally.
- Sell and service existing retail customers with the company’s complete product line with a view to retaining and expanding existing business
- Participate actively and aggressively in expanding the Company’s business, identifying and developing business opportunities with new and existing customers
- Collaborate with senior staff and procurement to establish and develop seasonal programs with customers on all products
- Administer sales including order entry, follow-up, management of problem sales, rejections and claims settlement
- At least five years of sales experience in fresh fruit sales and marketing with a high level of retail customer contact
- A deep knowledge of the table grape and citrus categories with a good understanding of those commodities’ import cycles (seasons), supply chain details and import operations
- A knowledge of imported stone fruit, cherries, apples and pears is a plus
- A deep understanding of the US retail fresh produce sector
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage customers on a regular and consistent basis
- Passionate about sales and sales development with a skill for identifying new opportunities and going after them
- Strong sense of responsibility to resolve issues, follow-up with customers and to act with integrity and honesty
- Strong organizational and self-management skills
- Ability to travel as required
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office required, familiarity with Famous™, Foodlink and iTrade a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred