Catania was founded in 1929 by Michael Leonard Catania. He was the first man to import lettuce into Canada in the wintertime. No one had ever seen greens in the winter season before! The family-run company maintains its small-business charm and integrity, while leading the industry with innovation that helps Catania remain at the top of the field. We believe that one-on-one relationships are crucial to the success of the company, and especially our clients’ businesses. From our farmers and shippers, to your shelves, every step of the process is carefully monitored and executed. We know the taste of success. This success comes from working hand-in-hand with our employees and our clients to ensure that the finest fruit products are grown, packaged, shipped and of course sold.
What sets us apart? Our ability to deliver high quality fruit, year-round, create and provide customized packaging, while continually meeting the delivery requirements of our customers.
We have an immediate opening for a Sales Representative to join our team in McAllen, TX.
The primary function of this position is to expand M.L. Catania’s customer base and sales volumes by cultivating new clients and sales opportunities. The incumbent will also provide order intake and order change directions to production.
- Salesmanship, customer service, organization, problem solving skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
To be successful in this role, you will also need:
- Negotiation and Sales skills with the ability to identify opportunities.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- 1-3 years of produce sales experience in a produce category is an asset
- Experience in software such as famous is an asset
- Willingness to travel
- Computer skills
- Understanding of food safety
- Working knowledge of logistics tracking and expediting.
- Organized and able to prioritize.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, written, spoken and reading.
- Problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and other software programs.
- Team player.
This is a great opportunity to join a well established company.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.