Cavalier Produce is seeking a Warehouse Manager - 3rd Shift to join their team in Louisa, Virginia.
Position oversees and manages 3rd shift warehouse operations, including staff, and quality assurance ensuring a smooth and consistent operation in an effective and efficient manner so that the company accomplishes its mission to listen, act and deliver. Leads staff through effective communication, timely responses, team building and collaboration. Produces cost savings by reducing credits, inventory waste, and staff overtime.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of 3rd shift warehouse operations and work cooperatively with other members of the management team;
- Route delivery trucks to meet customer delivery requirements while maximizing efficient use of fuel and driver’s time;
- Supervise picking and loading of customer orders to ensure accuracy and efficiency;
- Check the quality of the product being delivered to ensure customer is getting the best product;
- Oversee inbound freight receiving operations to ensure product meets count expectations and quality specifications;
- Maintain accurate inventory by ensuring proper rotation, labeling, and quality inspection procedures are being performed on in stock, outbound, and inbound product.
- Supervise warehouse staff and assign daily duties and tasks, create and promote positive, respectful work environment;
- Coach, appraise performance, and apply corrective action to all warehouse staff, as required and work cooperatively with management in the supervision of driver staff;
- Collaborate with Distribution Manager and Inventory Manager/Purchasing Assistant to ensure outstanding customer care by staying abreast of customer requirements and expectations. Seek out information on a daily basis to effectively address concerns regarding delivery, product, and any operational issues that may impact our customers;
- Communicate regularly with management regarding warehouse issues and concerns;
- Collaborate with Food Safety Manager to oversee daily inspection and routine maintenance to ensure that all coolers, other warehouse facilities properly and are being maintained in a clean and orderly manner, and in accordance with company policies and procedures for food safety and security;
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies for food safety and food security;
- Complete all necessary paperwork in accordance with company policy and procedures;
- All other tasks and duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Two to three (2-3) years supervisory/management experience, preferably within a warehouse environment;
- Experience with ProducePro is a plus;
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and follow through coupled with the desire to exceed customers’ expectations;
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and appropriately based on business needs;
- A minimum of 2-3 years of food safety experience, with management level experience in HACCP, USDA, or FDA preferred;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills;
- Demonstrated, strong problem-solving skills, resolves matters quickly and appropriately;
- Great customer service skills;
- Knowledge and application of safe procedures and workflow in a light industrial setting;
- Operate forklifts and other warehouse machinery properly and possess correct OSHA certifications to operate same;
- Good computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, etc.;
- Food service industry experience helpful;
- Regularly work weekend shifts (Saturdays and Sundays) on a rotating basis;
- Stand regularly for up to four (4) hours at a time on hard surfaces;
- Regularly manipulate products with arms, wrists, and hands for up to four (4) hours at a time while operating machinery, organizing and packing products, keeping house, and other related tasks;
- Work in cool areas routinely, such as refrigerated coolers;
- Lift up to 50 pounds regularly; and
- Bend, stretch, reach overhead, twist, and move, as needed, to maneuver items weighing up to 50 pounds.