Cavalier Produce, a growing provider of produce and food service items to restaurants and institutions in Virginia, is seeking an Operations Manager who has the skills, knowledge, and determination to ensure our continued success.
As the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for directing all activities in the facility necessary to operate and support a warehouse at maximum efficiency. You will perform a variety of management, administrative, and leadership functions to ensure the timely and accurate receiving, storage, and delivery of products. You will also collaboratively work with the team and staff to ensure that operational efficiency, safety, and controls are maintained within the warehouse. As a growing enterprise will need to look to continually improve processes and procedures.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized and possess a background in an active, 24-hour warehouse operation. They will have outstanding leadership skills and be able to work effectively through their department heads.
The main objective of the Operations Manager is to strive for high quality, productivity, and profitability for Cavalier Produce.
This position will lead us using flexible leadership and communication skills, overseeing the daily activity and development of our operations while being innovative and opportunistic with creating efficiency throughout.
- Possess a proven track record of process improvement with a growing company.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems independently and with sound judgment.
- Multitask and adjust to changing priorities under stress of deadlines.
- Solid organizational skills, including the ability to manage time and coordinate multiple priorities.
- Handle detailed information in a consistent, timely, and reliable manner.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Proficiency with inventory management and related software.
- Possess the ability to stand for four or more hours at a time on hard surfaces and in cold temperature.
- Regularly manipulate items with arms, wrists, and hands for up to four hours at a time while operating machinery, organizing and packing products, keeping house, and other related tasks.
- Climb ladders on a regular basis with ease.
- Lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Bend, stretch, reach overhead, twist, and move, as needed, to maneuver items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- OSHA certification for forklift and other warehouse machinery use
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of successful warehouse operations experience, managing high volume consumer distribution operation
- 2+ years of experience as a successful assistant operations manager or operations manager.
- Foodservice industry experience is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and motivate others