Cavalier Produce, a growing provider of produce and food service items to restaurants and institutions in Virginia, is seeking a Sales Manager who has the skills, knowledge, and determination to ensure our continued success.
As the Sales Manager, you will be responsible for directing all customer facing activity of the company through your team of account executives, account managers, and product specialists. You and your teams will be tasked with meeting company growth and margin goals while exceeding the needs and expectations of customers. You will work hand in hand with the company’s President on developing the company’s growth strategies for product and territories. You will be asked to meet the expectations of those plans in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized and possess a background in foodservice sales and sales management. They will have outstanding leadership skills and be able to work effectively through their team. Compensation and benefits based on experience and abilities.
- Five or more years of foodservice sales experience with a proven track record of success.
- Two or more years of sales management experience in the foodservice industry with a proven track record in growing sales and recruiting and managing sales professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Represent Cavalier Produce in a professional, courteous manner at all times.
- Have a valid driver's license and a good driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years)
- Have dependable transportation and be able to drive to customer locations, events, company meets, etc. on a daily basis. Company car provided.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems independently and with sound judgment.
- Ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities under stress of deadlines.
- Solid organizational skills, including the ability to manage time and coordinate multiple priorities.
- The ability to handle detailed information is a consistent, timely, and reliable manner.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Possess the ability to sit for four or more hours at a time.
- Be able to lift up to 25 pounds on a regular basis.
- Bend, stretch, reach overhead, twist, and move, as needed, to maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds.