CCOF advances organic agriculture for a healthy world. We advocate on behalf of our members for organic policies, support the growth of organic through education and grants, and provide organic certification that is personal and accessible.
CCOF is a nonprofit organization governed by the people who grow and make our food. Founded in California more than 40 years ago, today our roots span the breadth of North America and our presence is internationally recognized. We are supported by an organic family of farmers, ranchers, processors, retailers, consumers, and policymakers. Together, we work to realize a future where organic is the norm.
We now have an immediate opening for a Marketing Communications Supervisor to join us in beautiful Santa Cruz, CA.
The Marketing Communications Supervisor leads the Marketing Communications team and provides communications leadership to each branch of CCOF. This position requires creativity, passion, and a high level of organization. Much of the Supervisor’s time will be spent spearheading communications campaigns, providing oversight to projects and project managers, and ensuring all CCOF programs and services are effectively communicated to our varied audiences. This is a full-time, exempt status position that reports to the Director of Marketing and Sales.
The successful candidate will have:
- High School Diploma or GED required; AA/AS degree in any field. AA/AS degree in marketing or communications preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in the communications/marketing field.
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience.
- Should be a proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communications skills, collaborative mind-set and working techniques, and the ability to support direct reports and their professional growth.
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Agricultural and/or food industry knowledge, background and/or experience a plus.
- Candidates who will work from the Santa Cruz, CA office are preferred. Note: CCOF Santa Cruz is office closed until July 1, 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
CCOF takes pride in offering competitive pay and excellent benefits. The Marketing Supervisor’s starting compensation will depend on qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter, resume, and professional references (minimum 3) as a single document (PDF).
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.