Have you reached that point in your career where you’d like to take your years of experience and that “fire in your belly” to a company where you can join, lead and grow a great team, build the business, make a great income, live in a nice area of the country, and have the opportunity to earn equity in the business?
Chandler Topic will be celebrating its 50th year in business in 2021. Since 1971, Chandler Topic Company has been a driving force as a supplier in the produce industry, including one of the most successful watermelon marketers in the Midwest.
In 1973, Founder and President, Bill Jones hired Bill Riddering at 21 years of age. In a short time, Bill Riddering became a partner and an integral part of the success of Chandler Topic. With Bill’s retirement, Chandler Topic is looking to the future and the opportunities to continue their legacy of great customer and grower returns, as well as progress and development.
As their business continues to grow, they need a proven leader to direct their internal (FOB) sales team. CT has a strong team in place and seeks the right leader to join them in getting to the next level.
We are in search of a produce industry professional with a proven background of sales achievement in melons, leafy-greens, celery, broccoli, and cauliflower to further develop the business. Watermelon experience is a particular interest of ours.
As the General Manager, your role with Chandler Topic will be leading the day-to-day Sales Team, while also managing a few accounts of your own. You will set the tone and foster the company’s direction, strategy, culture, focus and work ethic within Sales.
Our Ideal candidate can quickly become part of the Chander Topic team, while at the same time work with the team to help CT evolve and grow. Your abilities to develop and manage relationships with all our stakeholders, including their team, grower partners and customers is vital to your success.
Chandler Topic offers a competitive compensation plan, including a substantial base salary and quarterly bonuses. Our ultimate offer will take into consideration experience, skills, and prior achievements and then rewards performance. They offer excellent benefits including health vacation, sick leave, and a 401k plan with a generous match.
- Lead the sales and marketing efforts and build sales in the existing customer base while attracting new customers to the business.
- Create plans, strategies, and budgets.
- Manage a team of sales professionals including recruiting, hiring, coaching, and developing.
- Proactively achieve sales and profit goals by evaluating and responding to the changing needs of customers.
- Manage and strengthen product lines to satisfy customer needs.
- Optimize communications between sales and the business owners.
- Develop and improve operational systems that increase efficiency and profitability.
- Demonstrate a continual understanding of market trends and industry conditions.
- Develop pricing strategies and price/order guides.
- Maintain a sound working knowledge of products and growing conditions.
- Make presentations to potential and existing customers and vendors.
- Maintain effective, professional relationships with customers, vendors, and fellow employees.
- Provide the highest level of integrity and promote a positive company image inside and outside the organization.
- At least 10 years of leadership experience in sales with a high producing sales organization.
- Expert in developing new accounts and increasing sales while managing a successful team.
- An engaging personality and the ability to motivate, direct and develop people and processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate between grower-partners and customers.
- A solid reputation in the industry and known for providing excellent customer service.
- Analytical and organized with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to navigate and learn new sales /inventory software programs.
- Experience with watermelon, citrus, cabbage, mango, and peppers highly desired.
- BA/BS degree preferred.