Charlie’s Produce - Who We Are
Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, and we are growing. The secret to our success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth. Charlie’s was founded in quality, and we are proud that it is still our focus.
With a team of dedicated people who are passionate about food, supply chain, and their community we are looking for likeminded individuals to help further our goal to enhance our communities through quality produce.
What we offer:
- An amazing company culture!
- Medical/Dental/Vision on the first of the month following hire.
- ESOP (Profit Sharing) and 401(k).
- Paid vacations, paid holidays.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits, and onsite parking.
- Coverage under State Sick Leave.
- 100% Pre-Paid College Tuition for employees and their dependents.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
Additional Compensation Details:
- Salary Dependent on Experience and Location of Role
- 90-day performance-based raise
- Yearly review with possibility of increase based on performance and tenure
The Role: General Manager, - Salt Lake City Division
Charlie’s newest distribution center in Salt Lake City is looking for a fearless leader to manage a successful DC and take it to the next level. This is no small job, our General Manager is responsible for all aspects of the operation. Luckily our folks are recognized and rewarded for a job well done! This is an incredible opportunity for the right person!
What You Bring:
Without amazing leadership, we fail as a company. Because of this, our General Manager must have an unwavering grasp of our industry, in depth experience developing successful sales programs and leading varying departments towards a shared vision. We’re looking for someone who will lead the staff by example, fostering a strong, cohesive team environment that builds confidence. But that’s not all. Here are a few more of the lofty tasks you will be charged with on a daily basis:
- Responsible for managing financials including; P&L, budgeting, and forecasting to ensure the profitability of the division.
- Manage a sales program by developing the sales reps, identifying prospects, assigning projects, creating and assigning territories, creating goals and analyzing sales reports.
- Give guidance and support to all depts. in the division from operations to sales.
- Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development.
- Measure performance to company goals and standards and establish targets for improvements in safety, quality, cost, delivery, and employee relations.
Where You’ve Been:
We’re looking for someone with a minimum of seven years of Sr. Management experience in the wholesale food distribution industry. You’ll have a proven track record of building successful teams. You must be an amazing communicator with the ability to inspire. Ideally you will have a BA in Business or equivalent experience.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
We do not provide H1-B sponsorships at this time.
Please note that the pay range provided is a good faith estimate for the position at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be dependent on factors, including but not limited to, the individual’s qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as physical work location within the state.
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Recruiters - DO NOT CONTACT!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.