Charlie’s Produce is the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Boise, Portland, Anchorage, Irwindale and Salt Lake City!
The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth. Charlie’s provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees!
Charlie’s Irwindale, California DC is looking for a fearless leader to manage a successful DC and take it to the next level. This is no small job, our General Manager is responsible for all aspects of the operation. Luckily our folks are recognized and rewarded for a job well done! This is an incredible opportunity for the right person!
Our ideal candidate can develop a business growth plan with sales that will direct distribution operations through a team of functional managers and front line supervisors. Ensures increasing levels of customer and employee satisfaction while improving the efficiency of manpower, materials and machines. Meets or exceeds division plan/budget. The priorities of the General Manager include policy deployment, employee relations, process improvement and problem resolution. The GM is responsible for the over all health and prosperity of a 200+ person operations that runs 24/7.
What You Bring:
Without amazing leadership, we fail as a company. Because of this, our General Manager must have an unwavering grasp of our industry, in depth experience developing successful sales programs and leading varying departments towards a shared vision. We’re looking for someone who will lead the staff by example, fostering a strong, cohesive team environment that builds confidence. But that’s not all. Here are a few more of the lofty tasks you will be charged with on a daily basis:
- Responsible for managing financials including; P&L, budgeting, and forecasting to ensure the profitability of the division.
- Provide leadership and direction to all Sr. Branch Managers
- Manages policy deployment in the areas of Lean Manufacturing techniques, quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations, visual controls and plant performance measures.
- Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development.
- Balances work cell capacity/loading across the division.
- Provides leadership through a 3-6 month planning cycle.
- Determines operations headcount needs and ensures compliance with company policies.
- Manages compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Where you’ve been:
We’re looking for someone with a minimum of seven years of Sr. Management experience in the wholesale food distribution industry. You’ll have a proven track record building successful teams. You must be an amazing communicator with the ability to inspire. Ideally you will have a BA in Business or equivalent experience.
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 3-6 month time span.
- Measurement of performance to company goals and standards and establishment of targets for improvements in safety, quality, cost, delivery and employee relations.
- Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Employee training and development.
- Technical skills in materials and inventory management, production scheduling, and preventive maintenance.
- Quality orientation and attention to detail.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution.
- High performance teams and a strong team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Intermediate MS Office and computer proficiency
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with the information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates can apply at: https://careers-charliesproduce.icims.com/jobs/1866/general-manager-irwindale%2c-ca/job?mode=view&mobile=false&width=733&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-480&jun1offset=-420