Charlie’s Produce - Who We Are
Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Boise, Salt Lake City and Los Angeles. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
Charlie's provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Prepaid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees after 1 year!
You get to employ your superior people skills to manage our current relationships with grocery store deli’s and help source new customers.
Essential Responsibilities Include but Not Limited To:
- Provide Sales and Merchandising support to assigned retail customers
- Build effective relationships with store personnel
- Call on Key Headquarter Accounts as assigned
- Identify sales and merchandising opportunities with existing items and help with the development of new items
- Work with and build effective relationships with Charlie’s Produce Sales Team
- Help develop and utilize promotional material
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned which could include resets, demos, trade shows
- Maintain monthly calendar of activities, daily reporting
- Miscellaneous paper work which could include but not limited to tracking reports and or customer reports as assigned
- Outside Vendor contacts as assigned
- Report competitive activity
- Must be able to use fax/internet for accessing reports and for reporting purposes
Charlie’s Produce Total Compensation Package includes:
- Competitive starting pay
- We recognize and reward hard work and commitment. Supplemental retirement plan through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Robust employee assistance program (EAP)
- Vacation after 1-year
- 90-day waiting period for paid holidays
- 50% Subsidized ORCA Pass
- Employer-covered College Program
- Coverage under State Sick Leave
- 401(k) available
- Health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- 2 years merchandising or sales experience
- Working knowledge of culinary terms and processes
- Proven track record of accomplishments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) / Microsoft Outlook.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel to each customer location with some overnight travel.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Clean driving record and proof of insurance.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with the information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.