Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Boise, Los Angeles and Salt Lake City. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Senior Food Safety Coordinator to join our team in Seattle, WA., with some overnight travel required.
The Sr. Food Safety Coordinator works with the Director of Food Safety on all food safety and quality assurance programs. We are looking for a dynamic contributor who can effect change and build upon current systems. This position requires a significant knowledge of various generally recognized food safety, quality programs and regulatory compliance.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills-written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Must be proficient with computer and appropriate software.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in food safety/quality assurance.
- Strong Team Management experience.
- Sense of urgency and ownership regarding role and the needs of the department.
- Experience with food safety (GAP, GMP, HAACP and SOPs) and produce practices.
- Worker safety (state labor laws and OSHA) a plus.
- Current HACCP knowledge and capability to plan, control, and document processes and procedures consistent with FDA’s guidelines.
- Be able to provide quality instruction and support for implementing and managing the Safe Quality Food (SQF) System, PrimusGFS and Organic Certification requirements.
Charlie's provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees after 1 year!
Charlie’s Produce Total Compensation Package includes:
- Competitive starting pay
- We recognize and reward hard work and commitment. Supplemental retirement plan through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Robust employee assistance program (EAP)
- 50% Subsidized ORCA Pass
- Employer-covered College Program
- Coverage under State Sick Leave
- 401(k) available
- Health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.