Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. Chipotle had over 2,850 restaurants as of June 30, 2021, in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the 2021 lists for Forbes' America's Best Employers and Fortune's Most Admired Companies. With nearly 102,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM.
The primary objective of the Food Safety Quality Assurance Department is to support our restaurants by assuring the safest and highest quality foods and ensuring a sustainable, safe, and cost-effective supply from farm to restaurant. This position will be part of a team responsible for assuring the foods we purchase meet our standards and exceed our expectations. The department is empowered to proactively seek new ideas and to grow the sustainable practices of Chipotle suppliers with increased transparency throughout the supply chain.
- As a member of Chipotle’s Food Safety and Quality Assurance (FSQA) team, the Produce Safety Analyst helps ensure the safety and quality of fresh produce ingredients throughout Chipotle’s supply chain network.
- This position conducts on-site assessments of growers, packinghouses, processors and distribution centers to evaluate risk and ensure ongoing compliance with Chipotle FSQA expectations.
- The Supplier Food Safety Technologist also works with cross-functional teams such as supply chain, logistics and culinary to evaluate new potential products and/or suppliers providing technical feedback on capabilities and risk.
- This role requires travel 30%-50% of the time.
- This is a remote opportunity out of the East Coast.
- Principal responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assuring the food safety and quality of existing fresh produce ingredients by evaluating supplier food safety programs and verifying compliance with Chipotle FSQA requirements.
- Performing on-site assessments to evaluate risk throughout all nodes of the fresh produce supply chain, including but not limited to growers, packinghouses, processing facilities, cooling
- operations and distribution centers.
- This includes verification of identified corrective actions.
- Creating and managing quality inspection protocols for fresh produce at Chipotle Distribution Centers.
- Partnering with supply chain and logistics teams to disposition non-conforming product.
- Managing and tracking third-party food safety audit compliance across fresh produce suppliers.
- Investigating quality complaints from restaurants.