Christensen & Giannini, LLC is a well-established, farming company. We specialize in leafy greens with ranches located in the Salinas Valley.
We have an immediate opening for an Assistant Controller to join our team.
Under the direction of the Controller, the Assistant Controller will assist and support in the achievement of Company short and long-term goals and objectives.
The successful candidate will be responsible for Cost Accounting, Overseeing General Ledger activities, including review of account reconciliations, assisting in the preparation of monthly financial statements, analysis, and year end closing. They will also oversee internal payroll functions, including payroll processing and tax payment and reporting. Oversee health insurance activities, 401K reporting as well as various HR activities.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree or better
- Cost Accounting / Job Costing
- Understanding of Ag or Manufacturing accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel
- Famous Software experience is helpful
- Experience in MS Outlook calendar task scheduling
- Working knowledge of GAAP and other Accounting Principles
- Background in A/P, A/R, PR, Fixed Assets, Inventories and General Ledger
- Good supervisory and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Clean driving record, all candidates will be subject to background check and driving record screening
- Bilingual a plus
We offer a competitive salary, company paid benefits, 401K program, paid sick leave, as well as paid vacations and holidays.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.