- In charge of updating and maintaining digital, online and print assets for both Church Brothers and True Leaf brands.
- Develop and build asset library of photography/videos. Drive editing and production process with outside vendors.
- Responsible for developing content, executing updates, monitoring traffic, and analytic reporting for online presence with company website, email marketing, and social media channels.
- Use available data platforms, store/restaurant audits and online research to build market insights and trend reports into marketing content.
- Responsible for execution and continuous development of weekly market report.
- Maintain and update assets that clearly communicate company’s product offerings.
- Maintain familiarity with company’s top customers and interact where needed to provide support, identify opportunities, and strengthen relationships.
- Support product development team with packaging graphics and adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate all press releases.
- Provide coordination role for internal and external communication in crisis management.
- Other duties as assigned, seasonal projects as needed.
- Coordinate development of annual marketing plan with Sr. VP Sales & Marketing and marketing team to identify overarching corporate messaging, specific product initiatives, specific strategies for retail and foodservice channels, and budgets.
- Develop end user marketing plans to promote specific product lines through advertising campaigns, social media and public relations.
- Build and execute annual media buy plan that optimizes allocated annual budget, tracking ROI and lead process of creating needed media creative for scheduled ad plans.
- Foster brand awareness and provide centralized control of graphics standards to ensure cohesiveness across foodservice and retail marketing strategies.
Customer Event Management:
- Responsible for overseeing the following:
- Coordinate all local customer tours and other events.
- Execution of all customer hosted events (Year-round).
- Forecasting and tracking expenses.
- Setting annual budget for related cost centers in the marketing budget.
- Coordinate annual marketing plan with Sr. VP Sales & Marketing and marketing team to identify overarching corporate messaging, specific product initiatives, specific strategies for retail and foodservice channels, and budgets.
- Manage year-round trade events planning, budgeting, preparation and attendance as needed.
- Menu planning, detailing all food & beverage, audio/visual, entertainment, decoration, transportation and event rentals (e.g. Tenting, lighting, tables, and mobile bathrooms).
- Lead and coordinate all trade show activities to include booth design, hotels, entertainment, demos, POS, and logistics.
Duties also include:
- Vendor management – Contract review, negotiating pricing and invoice payments.
- Facilitating communication before, during and post event with customer, sales and ownership.
- Invite communication to both customers assigned invite list.
- Source and manage support staff as needed.
- Line-up of venue clean-up, landscaping, grading, etc. as needed after Winter season.
- Day of event, on-site management.
- Manage inventory of inherited resources in storage shed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Agribusiness, Communications or Public Relations.
- Two to Four years of Marketing or related experience.
- Requires continuing education as needed for role and other job related areas.
- Experience using Dropbox, Google Analytics, Google Docs, SmartSheets, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Experience in supervising video production and editing process.
- Monday through Friday with occasional weekends, holidays as needed.
- Dual office coverage between Salinas, CA sales office and salad plant in San Juan Bautista, CA.
- One to two days in San Juan Bautista during California growing season (April-Nov).
- Occasional travel throughout the year as needed: Trade shows, marketing conferences and visiting winter growing region of Yuma, AZ for marketing projects.
- Ability to stay on top of and identify evolving digital trends and tools is a must.
- Multi- task and work under pressure and tight deadlines with sense of urgency.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with ability to think and communicate strategically.
- Must be active user of current social media channels, preferably in a business environment along with third party platforms.
- Excellent copywriting and proofing skills to rework technical content for a wide audience.
- Contribute individually and collaborate in cross- functional teams.
- Interact with internal and external company contacts with thorough oral and written communication skills.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.